Sunday, April 3, 2011

Excerpt From My Second Book

Ok, it's my first poem on here, so if you comment negatively I will find you, cut off your testicles, and stuff them into your fucking lungs.  Here it is.
January 25, 2011
I had to run;
from sleeping birds
from quiet thoughts
from blank paper
Dragged by myself
away from sleep
across cold pavement
To a place
to get an
ecstatic fix;
to a house
of smoke and caffine
smoke
caffine
science fiction
roller skates
Candlelit crack addicts
on the patio;
I listened to their stories,
They talked of
Music
Drugs
Wisdom
Science
Nudity
I thought of
Music
Fire
Gutters
Sweat
Lanterns
                                                           Inhale.
Psychotic break.
                                                   Exhale.
Angels on
roller skates,
falling into conversation;
Painting the sky of Santa Barbara
with cigarette smoke;
Nobody sleeps here,
they just sing and
think about
setting the world
on fire.

2 comments:

  1. Come anywhere near my lady balls, and I'll rip your colon through your left nostril and feed it to my German Shepherd. I will go Repo! The Genetic Opera on your ass. Er, colon.

    But seriously, this is beautiful. I love the imagery, especially at the very end. I'm almost tempted to slap my own poetry on here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, thank you for reading. I promise to leave your lady balls out of this one. And I for one would love to see your poetry.

    ReplyDelete