A nice out of the way place to keep all the rants, raves, and restless thoughts that find their way into my head and let me know life is still just as fucked up and wonderful as always.
Saturday, June 18, 2011
Just Checkin' In (Or Not)
Huh, sometimes I check this blog to see if a new post has magically written itself. I know damn well that posts don't just spontaneously appear on my blog, but that knowledge is grossly outmatched by the fact that I sometimes forget how reality operates. Uhh... yeah... ladies and mentlegen, I regret to inform you that there's no actual post tonight. I guess my brain is too busy and my fingers have been too idle as of late, so I'm just posting to keep creative momentum. Aww hell, I'm already halfway through, I may as well finish this damn post. Hmm, what would entertain you?... That question was rhetorical, I really don't give a damn whether or not you're entertained (still love ya' though). I guess I'll just ramble senselessly until either I get distracted by another project, or my brain fizzles out altogether and I collapse to the floor in a muttering, somniac heap. Well, creativity is in abundance once more, and all is right in that regard; I woke up on the floor in a suit this morning, found my missing poetry journal, wrote a couple poems, worked on the construction of a 13-foot tall statue of a disturbing feline (B'Dough), had lunch with a dear old friend, turned my furniture upside down, made a robot helmet out of plastic and cardboard, made a miniature model of a pirate galleon out of sketch paper, gave my step brother a lesson in music appreciation and hit-man movies, and posted on this fucking blog. All in all, it's been an eventful day; I can't remember the last time I did so much gratuitous nonsense, and it's only midnight! I still have five or six hours to go, so rest assured that while you float through your subconcious in somniac slumber, I will be wide awake, either covering my walls and ceiling in doodles, educating myself on theories on time-travel (too much Donnie Darko), or sprinting through the neighborhood in a werewolf mask. Whatever I decide to do, I won't tell you, so you can just pick the visual that sits best with your sanity and move on with your day. Well, that's all for tonight, as I have just been distracted by my insomniac friend as well as all these pens and papers littering my desk. You're free now. Escape from this blog while you can, before I post something else. Goodnight kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment