Thursday, June 9, 2011

Hold Steady

Greetings from the land of three o' clock in the morning! Yes, that's right, it's 3a.m. I've decided to type on this blog instead of doing what normal people do at 3a.m. (sleep), so you'd better fucking appreciate this. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the land of 3a.m., it's a lot like purgatory, but with less mariachi music. Nothing special on tonights post, just a quick rant instead of the usual soliloquy, so I don't think there will be any need to vacate your bowels before reading this one.
 *Ahem*
There is no weird vs. normal spectrum. We're all just as crazy as the last motherfucker; the only differentiation is that certain craziness is more commonplace, and thus more widely accepted, but regardless, it's time to come to terms with the fact that you're a fucking nut. I used to think I was odd or bizarre compared to much of society, but this past week has made me wonder just what the hell people are thinking. People do the craziest shit for absolutely no reason at all; we're all just running around like freshly deccapitated chickens... on fire... with rabies... and AIDS. We hardly have any semblance of what goes on inside ourselves, much less what goes on outside ourselves. We don't have a fucking clue what we're doing... yet we manage to survive; some of us even survive happily. This makes me happy. In the midst of this batshit-crazy maelstrom we call life, we somehow find the time to make ourselves content, but the key is to embrace the fact that you're a frothing lunatic and have fun with it. In short? YOU'RE CRAZY. I'M CRAZY. Now that we have that settled, let's paint the kitchen walls in neon and dance in the shower. It's a nutty world my friend... if anything, you should feel right at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment