Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Such as It is

So... I'm not going to bother trying to bring you dear readers (reader) up to speed by filling in the space between the point at which I stopped blogging and present day. Instead, we will focus on the today, because the today is here, and it's none too bad. Today, I'm typing to you from a coffee shop, though not my usual and dearly beloved house of caffeine and comings and goings (Coffee Cat). Instead, I sit and type to you from a refreshing new location. Looking down the line of laptops, and not a single MacBook in sight. A nice change of pace indeed. Mind you, it's not that I have any deep hatred for MacBooks or their users, but at my usual stomping grounds, you can usually see anywhere between six and fourteen MacBooks all lined up in a perfect, shiny, nice, neat little row. Admittedly, it sort of drives me fucking crazy. Today, looking down the row I see nothing but crusty old PC's, whirring and humming as though at any given moment, they might combust, engulfing me in a deafening explosion of fire, spinning shards of laptop, and charred remnants of bagel. The nice lady behind the counter gave me free espresso, so now I really really really want to type and say all sorts of wonderful things. She gave me two shots and I haven't had breakfast. I sorta miss the lovely creature, having her around is a comforting thing. I wrote a list of things I should do before Summer's end. None of these things I'm saying are really coherent. Whud. HAH. I'd type out this list for you, but I left the little notebook in which I'd written it in at Diego's house. I leave a lot of things at Diego's house. Wow. Let's see. Things of mine that are still at his house include a Captain America mask (now re-dubbed "Captain Afghanistan" due to a drunken adventure), a snow jacket, a toothbrush, some socks, a waffle iron, a jug of apple juice, a copy of Princess Mononoke, my backpack, all of my illustration pens, my writing notebook, a sweatshirt, and a mannequin arm named Sheila. I'm probably forgetting a few things too. Come to think of it, everyone sort of leaves stuff at Diego's. I think Chris has some headphones and a longbow there. It kind of makes sense though, considering we all live at his house for 2-3 days out of the week anyway. I like typing. I haven't done this in a while. I like it. I already said that. Huhbubhubhbbuhbuhbuh. I should write stories. I bought some acrylic paint and some nice watercolor paper. I still need a job. I've been looking for one all Summer. I need to stop typing, or at least try to do a better job of organizing my sentences so that they all sort of flow nicely instead of being mashed into a shapeless butchery of the English language. I've improved in drawing people. I'm getting better at drawing. It's nice. HOOFAH. I made another camp stove. I have absolutely no business typing right now. I'm just sort of rambling, but I must say, it feels incredibly nice.

                                               Kamikaze Dickpickle Sunday.

                              Have a nice day,
                                                      ~Alex

2 comments:

  1. teach me dem camp stove ways, little chumpy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.instructables.com/id/Altoids-Tin-Alcohol-Stove/

    Dat dere be wat yeu neid.

    ReplyDelete