Friday, August 5, 2011

Flaming Crab Testicles + Tourism = Post?

Holy flaming crab testicles Batman, it's 7:45 and Alex Petersen is awake! Yes, it is indeed true, I have woken up early. For those of you who don't know, I'm sixteen, and by default I tend to sleep till well past noon, which gives the residents of Santa Barbara plenty of time to go out and get their coffee before they have to scurry back inside to avoid my wrath before I awaken. So why the sudden shift in sleeping pattern? Is there something wrong Alex? Are you really Alex? Well, I'll answer all of those questions in order. I woke up early today partially because this gives me an extra few hours to remain a blight upon humanity, and partially because... I. GOT. A. JOB... BITCHES. Yes! 'Tis a joyous occasion indeed, for today it seems that I will not be in my garage constructing illegal weapons out of miscellaneous lawn mower parts, but instead will be out exposing myself to the cruel light of the day star, developing my less-than-satisfactory social skills, and making obscene ammounts of money (minimum wage... aww hell yeah). Here's a little more info on this exciting new development in the life o' Alex; I will be working as a bus boy at a well known and busy restaurant located right smack in the middle of Santa Barbara's tourist industry. Yeah, for those of you who aren't familiar with tourism in Santa Barbara, lets me put is this way; there are so many tourists, that it oft makes the locals wonder why we can't shoot them if it is indeed tourist season. I'm serious, THEY'RE EVERYWHERE. It's like a ravenous zombie horde that sets upon Santa Barbara in the Summer, hellbent on taking pictures of our houses, blocking roadways, and attempting to make small talk with anyone who looks local. Don't get me wrong, we need our tourists, they are the lifeblood of this sleepy lil' coastal city; the fact remains however, that even though I will be benefiting from the sheer volume of the tips left by the tourists, I will still have to engage in some sort of social interaction with them. I do not cope well with idle chat with strangers. In fact, I think the best I'll be able to hope for will be to not shreik at them and scamper into a corner every time someone makes the mistake of asking me for a refill. As for the other questions? No, nothing is wrong. Yes, I am really Alex. If you doubt that last statement, I advise you to contemplate: who else on Earth would dispense this literary bilge in such freedom and volume? That's right. No one. Well, my dearest readers, it has been fun, but alas, I must flee the comforting glow of my computer in order to attend my job and maintain some sort of semblance of a funcional human existence. This is the end of my post. I'm leaving now. Go away.

10 comments:

  1. My darling, you are a bus boy. Just pretend you don't speak English, and they'll leave you the hell alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I look quite exotic enough to fake being a foreigner, which leaves me with but one option; do not reply to anything they say. Instead, every time someone speaks to me, my response will be to just stare at them unblinkingly with my jaw slack and my eyes bugged whilst I breathe heavily through a mouthful of foamed saliva.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought I'd be this creepy... but HELLO STRANGER. You live in the same town as me. When I'm bored, I stalk your blog. We have some things in common, I think. I own a mandolin. I tried to teach myself to play but failed, so now I just look at my mandolin semi-wistfully and with a lot of resentment. I'm sixteen. I notice that we may have eeirliy similar music taste (and yes, I FAIL at spelling eeirily. eerie. eeriely. WHATEVER.) Maybe I've seen you at a watercolor paintings concert or at the Coffee Cat (do you go to the coffee cat? I do). I'm extremely antisocial but I leave the house for vandalism and music. OKAY why the FUCK am I doing this. I sound like a nice, friendly 60 year old pedophile. HEY meet me at 2:30 am in that alley next to where borders used to be and I'll bring you a PUPPY. Joking. ha. haha. ha.

    okay bye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2:30 in the alley, got it. What day? Will your ominous white van with tinted windows be parked nearby? Is the puppy adorable? Yes, I do in fact frequent the Coffee Cat; if you've ever been at the Coffee Cat and seen a kid with a giant paper mache drill strapped to his back... then that was me. Alas, I haven't been to a Watercolor Paintings concert, mostly because I have no way of tracking where or when they play.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't remember any paper mache drills... but I'm at the Coffee Cat fairly frequently so maybe I'll spot you. I don't have anything unusual about me to be particularly recognizable... although sometimes I'm carrying a camera (no, not a fancy one... an old 80s film camera...) and I usually drop or spill something (no, I'm not clumsy. I'm just not very graceful). And Watercolor Paintings are pretty swell. I think they're playing soon at Muddy Waters, but I'm never really sure and in all actuality I'm probably wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ... I like you already. When the world is mine, you shall be spared. As for the possibility of a chance encounter at the Coffee Cat, it'll be fun to see if I can pick you out of the other patrons; I'll just sit in the corner and quietly observe customers, and every now and then I'll approach a suspect and interrogate them. Total detective status... or sociopathic stalker status. I'm not quite sure which.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should take sneaky photographs or do sneaky sketches (are you an artist?) of possible Lulus. I'll give you clues: I'm not short, but not extra-tall. My hair is sometimes curly, sometimes uncontrollably frizzy, and sometimes wavy. I suppose it depends on the weather. I carry a sketchbook with me everywhere. It's falling apart and some disrespectful lout stuck a purple sticker on the back that says "Sex Wax." There. Me in a few vague sentences. Good luck, my child. And don't worry, I'm probably the biggest sociopathic stalker around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1) Take photos of potential Lulu.
    2) Place photos in envelope.
    3) Leave envelope on subject's doorstep.
    4) ???
    5) Win.
    This is happening.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OR leave envelope pinned up to the bulletin board at the Coffee Cat, which has a more mysterious air and ensures that you won't accidentally come across me in my natural habitat, watering geraniums or something twisted and unthinkable like that.

    P.S. This is exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. P.P.S. Number 4 is "befriend subject"

    ReplyDelete