So my dear readers, it's been a month... HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU? I'm just going to go ahead and flatter myself by assuming that my online presence was missed terribly during my extended absence from this blog, despite the fact that most of the readers I have probably read my ramblings bi-annually at best. Alright, I'm posting this installment mostly out of guilt for not updating in such a long time, so I'm not really sure what I'll be typing this evening. We'll probably start with me aimlessly babbling on about my life and such, just like any good self obsessed, quasi artsy teenager would, and later this may devolve and give way to poetic spurting and melancholy gibberish. Hmm... one month. What has happened in the last month...? Well, first and foremost, the life 'o Alex has been graced by the company of a singularly lovely and talented young woman. This is my first *actual relationship (*actual: dating for more than 6 hours/ dating within my state), so I'm still sort of fumbling about, doing my best not to make a complete asshat out of myself. 'Tis nice though; everything feels natural, and setting aside the nervousness regarding integrating myself with her friends and family (I feel like they're evaluating me whenever I'm around them), I am a happy man. In other news, I've found new music, lit many things on fire, completed many paintings, talked to many inanimate objects, collected many scraps and trinkets, and written many fritterings in my notebook.
I've also ripped all of my artwork from the walls. It was midnight, "Let the River In" was playing, and suddenly, I was filled with a sudden and profound need to tear down the same old shit that's been cluttering my head for a year. I feel refreshed; I was elated every time ink splattered paper was torn away to reveal fresh, blank, undisturbed wall space. It's like turning to a new page in your sketchbook, it just lies before you, bare and honest with limitless potential, ready to be riddled with the obscene and the deranged at a moment's notice. It's like cleaning your room so you can make a new mess. Or perhaps like standing on the brink of some unimaginable abyss, and just feeling the magnitude of boundless void sprawling before you. Or maybe... just maybe... it's like setting the world on fire, so you can chuckle, look up, and try to catch the drifting embers like fireflies.
My apologies, but you may have noticed that I have an odd fascination with the whole "world burning" aesthetic. It's not a violent thing, or an angry thing, or even a pyromaniac (maybe slightly) thing. If anything, it's more of an innocent thing. It's just the thought of looking up to find yourself surrounded by an all consuming madness, where nothing is permanent, and everything is suddenly very fragile, and instead of gawking in horror, you simply laugh, lie back in the ashes, and fall asleep with the feeling of flickering firelight on your eyelids, and vague sensation of ash falling from the plumes of smoke and settling on your face. God, reading that over makes me feel like some sort of nihilistic psychopath. Gah, I can't place it, but for some reason, the thought just holds a sort of romantic quality in my mind. Feh, pay no mind to this; these are the ramblings of a half asleep and mentally unstable teenager.
Oh, and I've started playing World of Warcraft. Fuck you, society.
time for me to comment! burning things... all consuming madness... nihilistic psychopath... lulu is lonely until she remembers that other people are also slight pyromaniac mad nihilistic psychopaths. this is good. i think that i'm going to rather obnoxiously respond to this blog post with my own half-conscious rambles. radical face. i feel some sort of jealous protectiveness towards radical face because i introduced them into my friendship group and right now actually i am in a nasty jealous rage mood because i've been typing nonsense on a typewriter for an hour for some idiotic english assignment that despite my sense of self-preservation i decided to make extremely difficult for myself but ENOUGH ABOUT MOI except to say that this is why
ReplyDeletea. i am in a shitty, angry mood
b. i decided to see if mr. alex petersen had posted anything new
c. i just decided to turn this list into something else
d. world of warcraft. fuck you, society!
e. chuckle at this
f. "vague sensation of ash falling from the plumes of smoke and settling on your face" weeeee this is sheer beauty
g. your descriptions of burning things make me want to set myself on fire in a good way, if setting yourself on fire can be good, which it can in a few select situations
h. maybe i shall make it to z?
i. god, i'm so irritating
j. BUT I DON'T CARE
k. i just need to be heard in a self-centered way
l. quasi artsy teenager this is story of my life
m. lovely young woman D'AWWW i like that. she would like it too. i wonder if she reads this blog. perhaps. no idea. i really need to see her soon, i haven't since october 16th when we gouged a lewd figure onto a picnic table accidentally
n. why do i invade your blog with mundane comments about my own life
o. and even though i know it is annoying i must continue
p. I JUST DECIDED TO ONLY MAKE IT TO Q
q. done. i swear.
r. No no, your rambling is no trouble at all
ReplyDeletes. There hasn't been a post on your blog in quite a while, but this comment is almost as good
t. World of Warcraft. I am a level 12 troll hunter, and I'm fucking proud of it
u. I now wear a burnt mask in my spare time. The smell of burning paper lingers inside the mask, and I like to pretend that it's the smell of my thoughts going up in smoke.
v. Burlap Ghosts
w. I find myself wishing that the walls of my house creaked
x. Holy shit, I'm already at x?
y. There's still more to add to this list!
z. Oh no! The end is nigh! I'm at z, but there's more to type!
z. I have triumphed over the alphabet
z. Lanterns. So many lanterns.
z. There is an ocean in a jar sitting on my desk
z. Pick one: Letters to the deranged, or animal eyes?
z. We can start a union. "Pyromaniac Nihilistic Psychopaths of America".
z. Mayhaps our union can have a catchy slogan
z. Angry shit mood? This simply won't do
z. Xylophones
z. How was your Halloween? And the rest of your life for that matter?
z. you forgot about spoon!
ReplyDeletez. ocean in a jar? do elaborate.
z. i choose letters to the deranged.
z. union! pnpa. add an 'i' for 'insane' in between pyromaniac and nihilistic and it can spell "PINPA" which means nothing but...
z. ...is slightly more catchy
z. angry shit mood is still angry and shitty... oh well. but lots of angry art is being produced.
z. xylophones
z. my halloween was lovely, i was angelina ballerina (children's book, wee!) and my life is pretty much plummeting into absolute chaos and disorganization (oh! how joyful!)
z. your life? your halloween? tell all.
z. burnt mask is intriguing
z. i should do a new blog post, huh. perhaps when i'm feeling more interesting.
z. ZZZZZZ sleepy time
z. spoon
spoon. z
q. PINPA! I should make buttons. Every respectable union has its own buttons
ReplyDeleteq. There is a photograph of an ocean which I have ripped up and stuffed into a jar.
q. Does angry shit shitty mood have anything to do with the whole "life spiraling into chaos thing"?
q. Life is yes. Halloween was yes. Yes.
q. We made up a new game to play on Halloween
q it involves suspense and murderers
q. If it rains, I'll wear my burnt mask outside.
q. MAKE BUTTONS. then give me one.
ReplyDeleteq. that reminds me of my new attempt at useless mischief: taking the little laminated signs off of the bathroom doors at school (they say 'restrooms for student use only) and putting them other places. cheap thrills.
q. OH! angry shit mood is officially over. i pulled my socks up (not really, but it sounds good) and got over myself and now i feel like a million dollars. or since dollars are so weak now, perhaps a million yen. or ANIMAL CROSSING FLASHBACKS... i feel like a million bells.
q. please tell me about the halloween game, please. as soon as possible.
q. i hope that it rains
q. i had a scary dream last night
q. it involved slitting a laughing child's throat... she giggled the whole time and when i looked down at her lying on the ground (a blood filled scene) she was still giggling and her throat was healed and instead there was a gash through her chest
q. and i peered into the chasm of her ribcage
q. only to see
q. that she had no heart.
and in a frightening way, i think she was meant to symbolize me.
This is amusing as I would not expect many people in the world to lie down and fall asleep as the Earth burns away.
ReplyDelete