Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Feeling Sorry for Sanity

Dear reader, you have stumbled upon my blog for better or for worse, and if you care to read on, you would find yourself at the end of one of a myriad of possible outcomes. Reading on may induce vomiting, nausea, confusion, premature balding, enlightenment, inspiration, disasterous liver combustion, delerium, amusement, giggling, crying, questioning, swift and painless dismemberment, sudden comprehension, or some other unprecedented but novel sensation, but that depends entirely on what kind of person you are. Whatever the outcome, I would appreciate feedback. First, I do not know you, and you don't know me, and as such it seems an introduction would be an appropriate thing to have as a first post; so I'll start with a word about myself ( actually that's a lie, I will use many words ). I may be missing something, but it's like 3a.m. gimme a break.

Name                           Race                      Age               Lvl
Alex Petersen             Human                      16                  4

Stats                            Location
Str-19                      Assume you're on Earth, good,
Dex-16               now find your way to the United States.
Con-15               Locate California, then ask for directions
Int-9                    to Santa Barbara. Almost there, now on the
Wis-9                 corner of Anapamu and Anacapa you will find
Cha-6( ouch )     one of the finest coffee establishments to grace
                          the northern hemisphere. Fourth table from the
                         door, right before the stairs. That's me.

The Rest of Me
I don't think much of the titles other people have given me, mostly because making up your own titles is much more fun. I'm a poet, an artist, a social caterpillar ( think social butterfly, but not ), an aspiring mandolin player, a madman, an explorer, an inventor, a concert junkie, caffine addict, optimist, giver of no shits, serigrapher, teenager, wanderer, tea drinker, gamer, lovable bastard, wearer of peculiar hats, tumbler of many hills, climber of trees, buccaneer of many a shopping cart, and expert of a few other nameless and wonderful things.

I enjoy the company of honest, non-pretentious people. I enjoy a good, solid, geekout ( hats off to those who got the D&D reference earlier ). I sometimes dream at light speed. I occasionally shower with my clothes on. I have a fascination with most kitchen appliances. I think things are better when you don't know what day of the week it is. I don't believe everything has a purpose and I prefer it that way. I write on and draw with anything I can. I like to write letters to people I make up. I think Calvin and Hobbes and Daves Wurld are the epitome of literature. I can't remember the last time I was miserable. I go through life in a state of subtly ecstatic bewilderment. It makes me happy when my socks don't mach. I think girls are their prettiest when it looks like they just woke up. I start many projects. I finish few projects. I love ink of all kinds, but am especially fond of screenprinting ink. I don't easily lose patience. I spend a lot of time upside down. When I'm not upside down, I like to turn other things upside down ( including others' perception of reality ).

So, have you vomited, cried so hard you laughed, or comprehended something new? If, for the most part, you found whatever sensation you experienced pleasant, then by all means enjoy the blog. If you feel inspired or motivated enough, or you just wanna hit me with a mackerel, feel free to contact me, via email. Welcome to Paper Arrows, wipe your feet, come on in, and leave the door open.




5 comments:

  1. Call me a creeper, but I'm creeping you now. Especially now that I see your introduction page looks EXACTLY like my own.

    Ability scores and err'thang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, a two way creepin' session eh? Well a contributing factor may be that I got the ability scores idea from you. I saw it and was kicking myself for not thinking of it first, so my only other option was to pirate it; sad but true. Take me to the gallows. I've actually been wanting to screeprint a D&D character sheet t-shirt for a while, and a blog seemed as good a place as any to wear my geekiness on my sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wear it right next to your heart. Just be careful, because sleeves can get crowded with all that motherfuckin' awesome on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Then I shall get fucking enourmous baggy sleeves! And yes, your geekiness is definately something that you should keep close to you, and if anyone says otherwise...hit the dick-foot with a magic missile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer to use my concealed weapons and tricksy...uh, tricks. I'm a rogue forever and always, dear sir.

    ReplyDelete